As an organization, NOVA strives to do everything in its power to help our members better serve their clients in receiving the benefits they earned in service to this country. Many of our members have served as counsel on some of the most important cases in the industry. In fact, NOVA members were among the leading proponents in the 2006 watershed decision that, for the first time, allowed veterans the right to choose an attorney to represent them in their appeals.
NOVA conferences are unmatched for their content and sophistication, offering both new practitioners and senior advocates alike the chance to grow and learn. CLE credit is available in most states for those taking part.
As a member, NOVA has many benefits available to you, many of them newly enacted. These benefits include:
- A directory listing on the NOVA website to help veterans in need connect with you (for renewing/sustaining members only)
- A weekly digest of news articles from across the country relating to veterans and veterans advocacy
- Access to the members-only online Forums and Document Library, where members can network with each other and have access to an extensive collection of veterans law documents and resources
- Discounted rates to our semi-annual seminars, which are the ‘gold standard’ in veterans law training
- Membership programs that reduce insurance costs
- Extensive training materials, webinars, and courses designed to ensure that our members provide the very best service to veterans across the country in receiving the benefits they’ve earned
- Immediate updates on important news, court decisions, regulations, and rule changes that affect our members’ practices
- Extensive opportunities to network with your fellow veterans advocates and share valuable knowledge and experience with others
To learn more about the various membership types NOVA offers and their benefits, click HERE.
NOVA is active on a variety of fronts in Washington, DC, protecting your interests. We regularly monitor pending legislation and regulatory changes. We regularly meet with VA officials and have been successful in addressing members’ issues in dealing with the Department. In addition, NOVA is frequently invited by the Senate and House Committees on Veterans Affairs to testify on veterans issues.